Facebook event page
Global Center for Health Innovation
1 W Saint Clair Ave, Cleveland, Ohio 44114
Presented in partnership with Citizens Bank, Accelerate is a pitch competition that helps launch individuals' ideas designed to improve Northeast Ohio.
Local community leaders select 25 individuals, five presenters in each of the following categories, to pitch their ideas at the event.
* Community Change: Initiatives that make a meaningful change in people's lives, neighborhoods and communities.
* Economic and Workforce Development: Initiatives that stimulate economic growth, promote economic self-sufficiency, encourage neighborhood development or address poverty.
* Educating for Tomorrow: Initiatives that advance pre-kindergarten through college education, including literacy, numeracy, access, readiness and success.
* Health & Wellness: Initiatives that promote the health of individuals and communities by addressing access, lifestyle and recreation.
* Quality of Life: Initiatives that create positive life experiences through arts, culture and social services.
A panel of experts will select one finalist from each category to pitch in front of the full event audience who subsequently votes to determine the winner.
All finalists receive funding to help bring their ideas to life.
Pitch applications will be open November 1 — 30, 2017.
Registration opens December 4, 2017.
Thank you to our category partners:
*Cuyahoga Community College
* Oatey Co.
* Oswald Companies
* Westfield Insurance Foundation
Thank you also to JumpStart, Inc. for helping to accelerate past presenter's projects.